Transport for NSW is upgrading the Princes Highway between Berry and Bomaderry.
The $450 million project will improve safety, increase road capacity, improve traffic flow and deliver better and more reliable journeys on this section of the highway. The upgrade is scheduled for completion in 2022 and will be the final piece of more than 30 kilometres of highway upgraded between Gerringong and Bomaderry since work started in 2012.
Incorporating 14 major structures, including Australia’s first weathering steel road traffic bridge, this $450 million project depends on the highest standards of work.
Naturally principal contractors sought out Bendworx to manufacture and supply Quality-Assured steel liners to the demanding project specifications.
Our ISO 9001 and ISO 3834 compliant processes are helping to deliver this key project, expected to enter full service in 2022.
The Berry to Bomaderry upgrade will include the following key features:
- A 100km/h speed limit north of Abernethys Lane
- An overpass of the highway between Pestells Lane and Meroo Road
- An underpass at Devitts Lane and Morschels Lane for local road access
- An overpass of the highway between Strongs Road and Jaspers Brush Road
- Protected right turn bays to northbound and southbound u-turn bays
- A heavy vehicle inspection bay near Jaspers Brush
- A total of eight bridges over waterways
- Fauna friendly features in the bridge designs at Flying Fox Creek, Jaspers Brush Creek and Wileys Creek
- Increased road shoulder widths to three metres, where possible, with vehicle breakdown bays at regular intervals
- Modifications to local roads, including Strongs Road, Jaspers Brush Road, Morschels Lane, Devitts Lane, Pestells Lane and Abernethys Lane
- Relocation and upgrade of existing bus stops at Mullers Lane, Croziers Road, Strongs Road, Morschels Lane, Lamonds Lane and Boxsells Lane
- Drainage and flood mitigation structures.
To learn more about Bendworx and the projects we helped complete you can view:
Our Projects Page
Learn About The Bendworx Team
View our ISO Certifications, Quality Policies and more here